What is WordPress Quickstart?
The Quickstart is the demo backup (.zip copy) from our demo server. It comes with WordPress, and you install it like a regular WordPress backup made by Akeeba Backup; after that, you get the same effect on our demo pages.
You do not need to configure everything from scratch; the installation is easy and will take a few minutes only.
It means Joomla quickstart includes:
- all WordPress files
- all plugins ours that are used on a demo site (excluding Yootheme PRO, which you must purchase separately)
- sample data (includes configuration, extensions, content etc.)
- an installed and configured template styles
Attention! Yootheme Page Builder is required for proper system operation, which must be purchased and downloaded from https://yootheme.com/page-builder.
Yootheme Page Builder is a commercial component from a third party and cannot be bundled with our extensions due to proprietary rights.
Let's see how to install the Joomla quickstart
Unpack quickstart_wp_djfashionstore_*.zip and upload the files to your server. You can save time by uploading the compressed file and then uncompressing it on the server (if your server allows it to). You can also uncompress the file on your desktop and then upload them using FTP.
Create a database
Joomla quickstart requires a database for installation. Using a cPanel server, use the MySQL Database Wizard to setup.
If your hosting provider does not use cPanel, you'll need to contact them and ask to create a new database.
Create your database name, database username, and database password. This information will be necessary later during the installation.
Run the installation script by typing your website address with quickstart.php in your browser and the installation process will begin.
Quickstart is a backup made with Akeeba Backup. So use the current manual to go through the restore backup procedure.
1. The first step is relatively easy. Just click start.
2. All archive files will be extracted from your server
3. After extracting the files, you can start the installation. Just click "Run the Installer."
4. Next is the pre-installation check. Make sure your server settings are correct. If not, correct them or contact your hosting provider. If so, click "Next" to go to the next step.
5. Now, you need to configure the database. Complete the following fields:
Database type: you can leave it unchanged
Database server hostname: usually localhost, otherwise enter a valid value on your server
User name: Enter the database user name
Password: Enter the password of the database user
Database name: Enter the name of the database
Database table name prefix: leave it as it is
Then click "Next" to go to the next step
6. Your database will be restored from the copy. Click "Next step" to proceed
7 . In this step, complete your website details:
set your website administrator password
After entering and repeating the password, the possibility of changing the e-mail address is unlocked
Be sure to do it now because at a later stage such a change is not so easy. Most often, you will need to modify entries in the database (options and users table).
8. Almost there. Now remove the instalation directory.
and go to your site
9. As you can see, the throne is not looking very good yet. There is one more important thing you need to do
Template and configuration
1. Go to the administration panel by entering "/ wp-admin" at the end of the url. Then log in as "admin" using the password you set up during the installation.
2. Then go to the Apperance menu and select Themes in the Install section
4. Now you should replace avitve theme with uploaded
5. And acitvate it
6. Go to the "Apperance" Menu and click the Themes.
Then activate Yootheme Child Theme
7. Now go to Customize
8. As you can see the site looks very good. You just need to activate the search engine in the store.
9. To do this, go to Widgets. Select the header and insert the product search engine there.
10. The search engine is now in the right place