Field groups and extra fields
You can think about field groups as product types.
Imagine a business with several types of vehicles (cars, boats, and planes). Each vehicle type has a unique set of parameters. For example, for cars, it would be:
- car body type
- number of doors
- engine capacity
In this case, you can create a field group, "car." 'Car body type,' several doors and engine capacity would be fields assigned to this group.
Your customers can use fields to search and filter your products.
Also, it's important to know that you do not have to create field groups and create extra fields without them. In such a case, the extra field will be common for all products.
New field group
- Name – enter the name of the new field group.
- Label – enter the name of the field's label
New extra field
- Name – enter the name of a new field.
- Label type – select text + image, text, or image
- Image label – optionally browse image, which will be a field label.
- Alias – enter alias
- Field group – choose filed a group. This field is optional. Keep in mind that if you do not assign an extra field to a group, the extra field will become common and shared across all products.
- Field type – select text, text area, calendar, select, radio, checkbox, HTML, color, multiple colors or multi-select
- Required – choose if the field will be required.
- Visible in – select on which views parameter the extra field will be displayed.
- Cart variant – when enabled, the attribute will also be used as an additional cart variant parameter.
- Separate column – applies only to table layout. When enabled, the attribute will be displayed in a separate column.
- Use in filters – select if parameter will be used in filters (only select, radio and checkbox)
- Filter type – select how the filter should be presented in the Filters Module.
- Use in search – select if the field will be used in the search.
- Sortable – choose if you want to allow ordering by this field
- Comparable – select yes if you want to display this attribute in the product comparison view.
- Published – publish/unpublish field
Extra/Custom fields in DJ-Classifieds
The DJ-Classifieds component allows assigning additional fields to the advert details from a certain category. Settings To create a custom field, click on the Extra Fields button from the Control Panel, then click New from the top right toolbar, and ...
How to set field groups for custom fields in the registration
There is a possibility of creating a group of custom fields in the registration form and assigning them to Joomla groups. It allows for displaying different fields for different groups. To configure this feature, open the DJ-Classifieds component ...
How to order "fields" in DJ-Classifieds
If you are wondering how to order "fields" in DJ-Classifieds component, follow this simple tutorial to learn everything! It's easy to make! Open the DJ-Classifieds component. Navigate to the "Fields" button and open it. Now navigate to the right, ...
How to add new extra field in DJ-Classifieds
It's easy to add a new custom field in DJ-Classifieds. The extra fields can be used in the Category, Contact, Profile, and the Ask Seller Form. Just follow this simple tutorial to get it working. We will show the example assigning the field to the ...
Conditional Fields DJ-Classifieds App
The principle of conditional fields is simple - when editing a custom field, you can specify a dependency when that field is displayed. The chosen custom field will appear only if a specific value is selected in another custom field. Conditional ...