Manage and use various thumbnail sizes in different views
This solution is more flexible because the user can decide where the given image thumbnail will appear.
The new settings are available in the DJ-Classifieds configuration.
Open your Joomla website's backend, then go to the DJ-Classifieds component. Go to "Options", choose the "Images" tab, and scroll down.
The settings are:
- Small image width - Small image width, for 0 it will be set automatically
- Small image height - Small image height, for 0 it will be set automatically
- Medium image width - Medium image width, for 0 it will be set automatically
- Medium image height - Medium image height, for 0 it will be set automatically
- Big image width - Big image width, for 0 it will be set automatically
- Big image height - Big image height, for 0 it will be set automatically
- Use the small image in - Select where the small thumbnail of the ad's image will be used
- Use the medium image in - Select where the small thumbnail of the ad's image will be used
- Use the big image in - Select where the big thumbnail of the ad's image will be used
See how it works:
Settings are available for the following layouts:
- Classic/RWD table
- Smart table
- Single ad (thumbs)
- User items
- Table tooltips
- Single ad(main)
- Single ad (popup)
- AMP (items)
- AMP (single ad)
- Orders history
- Sales history
- Offers received
- Offers submitted
Use Image In
Until now, small blog and popup sizes were assigned by default to the added views (for example, small was used in the table, a blog on the blog, and pop up as the main pictures in the announcement). Now three new options allow you to choose which view the thumbnail should be used.
As an example, let's use the layout for user items view. Big Image is set here:
And the result on the front page:
Now the small image is set for user items:
And that is how it looks on the front page:
Resizing images in DJ-Classifieds
Assigning image thumbnails does not require using the resizing feature. However, it can be useful when the user changes the settings of the dimension type of images.