As you probably already know, the latest DJ-Catalog2 version 3.5 stable comes with a brand new feature - Parent/child products.
It means that you can assign the product to another - parent - product.
In this short tutorial, we will show you how to do it. You will also learn some other interesting things about this new DJ-Catalog2 feature.
How to set the Child product settings
Go to the DJ-Catalog2 component.
Now go to "Options."
Open the "Product page" Tab.
You can see all Variants settings below:
- Image - choose whether the product's image should be visible within the description.
- Price - decide how to show the price
- Description - show or hide
- Truncate description - yes/no
- Description length - set the product description characters limit.
- Cart button - show or hide the cart button.
- Extra attributes* - show or hide the extra attributes.
*) Please note that even though it is possible to assign extra fields to child products, such attributes will be ignored by filters (e.g., Filters Module) or any other search feature. Only parent items are taken into account when filtering.
How to add a single child product
- Go to the DJ-Catalog2 component.
- Choose a New product.
Adding the child product works almost the same way as adding a normal DJ-Catalog2 product; the only difference is that the child product must be assigned to an existing product. You can see it in the picture below.
If you have already added and assigned child products, you can manage them by clicking the "Id" button belonging to a specified product.
Now you can manage them.
There is a "Clear" button available in the header. Clicking it helps to go back to the default list of products.
If the child product owns a custom field and has enabled the "separate column" option, these attributes will be displayed in the child products list.
As you can see now, the children are displayed in a table layout on a single product page.